Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It's not an impossible mission (kan?)!

In any wedding blog I’ve ever seen, most of them (if not all) were telling the story on how the bride and the groom prepared for their big day since months ago. They, who are preparing right now, are actually aiming to marry at the end of 2013. They who are marrying right now, were preparing since last year, even longer, 1-2 years back. And that’s the ideal stage.
But the scenario it’s not happening to us. For me and “si Mas” (selanjutnya akan dipanggil seperti itu J), it’s only 2 months (and couple of days); the distance between I’m officially proposed and our supposed-to-be- D-Day. This blog is going to portray a story, bahwa sesungguhnya it’s not impossible kok to prepare your wedding within weeks. So far, it’s not easy pastinya, at all. I need guidance on how to do everything quick but still perfect (I’m hell of perfectionist for my OWN event).
Almost no blog were telling how the couple is struggling with very limited amount of time to execute their wedding. I feel lost. I feel like having an impossible mission. I don’t want you to feel the same. So for whoever you are, yang mengalami kegalauan akut karena you have to prepare the most important day in your life in a short period but you don’t know where to go, let’s share J I don’t feel like I’m the Guru. I just want to share how both of us face the hard reality of finding the right vendor, how we balance the work and the sudden change in our life, how we craft the freaking-complicated preparation, until how to manage stress dan kegalauan yang pasang dan surut (atau pasang terus dan ga pernah surut, malah makin gede menjelang hari H J)
Hmm, as a preamble, let’s see how quick I meet “si Mas” and how sudden our decision to life together:
  • Early Sept 2012: The class’s started (but I never know him before and after)
  • 3rd Oct 2012: At the same group for a task in our class (talking directly for the first time)
  • 7th Oct 2012: He BBMed for the 1st time à “asking for the meaning of my status” (oh, c’mon dude, your cheesy strategy...)
  • 13th Oct 2012: We went out for the first time (with my family around) à yes, can you imagine?! I couldn't even call it a date (-____-  ")
  • 17th Oct 2012: He asked me to marry him à WTF?!?!
  • 20th Oct 2012: I said “yes” à after bolak balik istikharah (and get 3 “miracles” as “the answer” of my pray)
  • 24th Oct 2012: He went to my house to “propose” me to my parents à F***!! Effing crazy guy, I salute him (and was so touched) for his gut, really.
  • 3rd Nov 2012: His parents comes to my house to do “formal” marriage proposition à and set the “date” and everything (yeah, yeah... only 2 months and 8 days to the day)
  • 15th Nov 2012: We’re engaged, my family was visiting his to Semarang à my parents already love him like their own child aja loh tau-tau…
***preparation here and there between work, life, and sleep deprived nights***
  • 11th Jan 2013: The Akad Nikah
  • 12th Jan 2013: The wedding reception
Such a quick journey, isn’t it? Suck it up.
At the end, we believe that time doesn’t matter.
It never does.

No comments:

Post a Comment